Research Analyst Position
Division: Research Group
Supervisor: Director of Research
CJIS GROUP (www.cjisgroup.com) is expanding its research team. CJIS GROUP is a Market Research firm focused on information technology initiatives in State and Local Government and across a variety of agencies including Criminal Justice; Homeland Security; Public Safety; Health and Human Services; Education, and General Administration. Our Research Analysts collect information and produce reports that provide a wealth of information for our industry clients in their pursuit of IT business with S&L Government.
The Research Analyst is responsible for developing the CJIS GROUP market research product used by industry vendors and the government users involved in procuring and implementing the information technology systems needed to complete the agency’s mission.
CJIS GROUP is the leading provider of pre-RFP market intelligence regarding technology procurements in the State and Local Government Market. Many of the largest IT vendors including Northrop Grumman, HP and Motorola, as well as specialized vendors, use CJIS GROUP’s web-based products to plan their sales activities government agencies across the US.
- Communicate with government and industry executives.
- Use CJIS GROUP proprietary research and publishing tools to create research reports.
- Learn about technology application in S&L government and apply the new knowledge to research tasks.
- Support senior staff, clients and sales staff as needed in responding to research related questions or requests.
- Identify upcoming agency initiatives, generate reports, maintain and update all reports for assigned jurisdictions and agencies.
- Collect data on S&L agencies including contacts, demographics, current technology systems, IT needs, and potential procurement plans to identify potential market demand or opportunities.
- Aptitude and willingness to learn new skills
- Strong organizational and analytical instincts and skills
- Focused, able to multi-task and determine priority activities
- Good communication skills. Comfortable with cold calling and building relationships with government contacts
- Strong MS office application skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; minimum requirement High School Degree.
- Oral comprehension and expression – The ability to listen to and understand information presented through telephone conversations, and the ability to ask investigative questions to dig for valuable information for our clients.
- Written comprehension and expression - The ability to read and understand information presented in complex government procurement documents, budgets, and the ability to communicate complex ideas simply and efficiently.