(Webinar Recording) Building the Business Case for Modernizing Applications
Join CJIS GROUP and Fujitsu, Wednesday, March 2nd @ 2:30 PM ET / 1:30 PM CT / 11:30 AM PT for a discussion on how the last 24 months have changed how state and local government CIOs and CTOs serve their constituents. Citizens have now come to expect “digital-first service” from the government for nearly all functions. Legacy applications however are still holding most organizations back.
With an increasing number of ever more interconnected platforms in use, today's modernization should focus on the set of applications that support a business capability and drive digital citizen engagement.
Agencies or IT often try to modernize the entire portfolio in one program but are unable to execute such large, high-risk programs due to their long duration and half-hearted support from elected officials or cost.
How can agencies and IT create an application modernization strategy tied to specific business objectives? What approach should be taken lift and shift, refactor, replace? How do you start building a business case?
In this webinar we will explore the following topics for application modernization:
- Aligning your application modernization strategy to business objectives.
- How to determine the correct approach for various applications
- Building the business case for your strategy
- Explaining the business case to elected officials and agency heads
- How to enable new digital interactions for citizens
RECORDING | SLIDES